Proofreading and editing are always challenging for my students. It requires patience, time, and effort to be done correctly. Have you ever tried to write a paper or article by yourself? You might be surprised how many different errors you can make, all of which are easy to fix if you have an experienced editor. However, the article below will outline the basics of proofreading and editing and why you should trust Proficientwriter.com for your proofreading and editing services.
Table of Contents
What are proofreading and editing?
The word “proofreading” often provokes thoughts of a high school English teacher meticulously correcting grammar mistakes in essays. The truth is that proofreading involves more than just fixing typos or missed punctuation. It may sound daunting, but it’s not something that should give you nightmares. When done correctly, proofreading and editing services can be a gratifying and fulfilling experience. It can be an enriching experience for all involved.
Here are some tips to help you make sure that the next time you ask for a proofread, it won’t be a dirty word.
- It’s time to read. I’m sure you already have the assignment, which means you already know what it is you’re reading. So, please take a moment to read the author’s words and ensure you understand what they’re trying to say. Take your time, reread any confusing passages, and ensure you clearly understand what the author is trying to say.
- Now it’s time to read again, this time for problems. Look for spelling and grammar errors and anything that could be misconstrued or taken wrong. Remember what it was like to be a student who had to focus on understanding what you were reading, then try to put yourself in the place of your future reader. Think of what you’d think if you were reading it yourself and had to focus on understanding it. Be critical, but be kind– you don’t want to crush the spirit of anyone.
- You should review it again and edit the written document for your final read. It is the time to add anything you’ve forgotten, and where you can clean up the grammar and spelling. It’s not a bad idea to get someone else to look at it (if you have a friend, spouse, or teacher who would be willing and able to help, that’s great! If not, you could find someone in the community who might volunteer to help you out.)
- Make sure to take a moment and think about what you’ve written and why you wrote it. What is the story that you’re trying to tell? What do you want people to do when they read it? Think about the tone, the emotions you wish a reader to feel, and how you’ve told your story. (If this is part of your final draft, consider what grade you want to earn and what kind of paper will get you that grade. Guess what questions your teacher will ask you about your document).
- Go over your writing and make any corrections or additions that you think might be needed. ( If you have a computer, you can use whatever spell checker and grammar checker programs it has to help you out.)
- Proofread your paper. It is the most critical step. Don’t just read, but read critically and carefully. Look for spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and word usage errors. Check your sentences for consistency, logic, and clarity of expression. Watch for transition words and phrases that are not used or used too much. Don’t be afraid to ask someone else to proofread it for you.
- Once you have written the paper, either type it or write it out neatly by hand. Then get someone (not necessarily your professor) to read it aloud to you. It will help you catch grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure errors.
- Make a hard copy of your paper and ensure the spacing, margins, indentation, type font, etc., are exactly right.
- Proofread it one final time.
- Please print out a hard copy of it, and read it aloud to yourself or someone else.
- If you have access to a spell checker, use it.
- If you have access to grammar checking software, use it.
- Get someone else to read it aloud to you again. Alternatively, contact us for quality and affordable proofreading and editing services.
- If you still think it’s good, hand it in.
Everything you need to know about proofreading and editing services
Proofreading and editing services are cost-effective for getting your content ready for consumption. It’s essential to ask the right questions before choosing any company. We have been providing these services since 2012, offering individual and corporate clients all the steps necessary for successful business communications. Here are some of the most important questions to ask:
Can you provide me with a FREE sample?
Be it proofreading, editing, or proofreading, the first thing that you should do before accepting the job is to get a free sample. It will help you and the writer see if the writer can provide you with the content that you want. It will also allow you to ask questions and ensure that you are both on the same page. With our proofreading and editing services, nothing can ever go wrong!!
Can you provide me with FREE proofreading and editing services?
If you have already ordered proofreading, request a free edit. This will help you see the writer’s response and ensure that you are on the same page. It will also allow you to ask questions and ensure that you are both on the same page.
Is it legal?
Before you order proofreading, editing, or writing, it is vital to ensure that you are not breaking any laws. If you post content on your website and do not give credit to the writer, you may be liable for copyright infringement or plagiarism. Hiring someone else is a good idea if you are unsure how to write independently.
Why you should order from us
We have been a professional proofreading and editing service in the industry for over ten years. We have handled thousands of papers accurately, making us one of the most trusted services in the business. There are many reasons why you should order from us, here are just a few:
- You won’t have to worry about your essay/paper becoming lost or misplaced; we keep all the information you provide in a secure database.
- All of our writers are qualified experts in their subject field. Besides, all writers are native English speakers with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- We understand that you have a lot of assignments, and we are sure that sometimes it is hard to get a time slot in your schedule to complete them all.
- You can also hire individual writers to work on your project.
- Additional benefits of our proofreading and editing services: We have a money-back guarantee policy for all
You can also learn various basics in writing from multiple tutorials on our website. For example, you can learn the difference between APA and MLA, how to stop procrastination, and how to write an explanatory synthesis essay example.
How much does it cost?
The prices are very affordable. It starts at $6.99 for the first 300 words, but you can also purchase more cost-effective packages if you need to proofread or edit a longer document. There is no need to worry about hidden charges because there are none. Besides, the pricing is all-inclusive, so you know how much it will cost before you buy.
Our website also has support personnel who will answer questions or respond to your concerns. What you see is what you get; the whole company is customer-friendly. Get Started Now with our Proofreading and Editing Services!
Who, when, where?
Have you ever found yourself in front of your computer, wondering who would be the best person to help you with your project? Worry no more because we are here to take care of you! Our company offers top-notch proofreading and editing services that are affordable for everyone. Now that you know this, nothing stops you from ordering our services. Our writers will be more than happy to provide you with the best proofreading and editing services in the market.
If you are wondering how this can be possible, the answer is simple – we only employ the best writers and editors in the industry. Our writers have the experience and skills to provide top-notch proofreading and editing services. You will never be disappointed by our services. All you need to do is place your order and leave the rest to us! The quality of our work is so outstanding that you will never want to work with anyone else. We provide a 100% money-back guarantee if our writers cannot fulfill your order.
When you hire us for proofreading and editing services, you will quickly get the best possible results. We have the best talent in the industry who can do in-depth proofreading and editing work. By hiring us, you will also get to save money. We charge reasonable rates for all our services. All you need to do is place an order and finish your work without breaking the bank. We have helped thousands of customers who have all been satisfied with our services. It is the reason we have an excellent reputation as the leading proofreading and editing services provider. Our services come with a 100% money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied.
Top 5 reasons why are the best in proofreading and editing services
- We are proficient in English and have over ten years of experience in proofreading and editing services.
- We have a team of writers experienced in various fields.
- Our Quality Management Team checks every document before sending it to the client.
- They also provide additional changes or revisions if needed. Satisfied customers are our priority.
- Our quality management is as good as “National Standards,” so you can be assured of the quality of our work. We will give you reliable, high-quality proofreading and editing services and meet your deadlines.
Overall, Proficientwriter.com is the best choice for you for proofreading and editing services! Join us now to enjoy our quality and affordable services!