READ THIS ARTICLE FOR STEP 4!! Go to the online book titled “Strategic Communication Practices: A Toolkit for Police Executives”, located here. You may also view the article here.
Imagine that you are a member of a team assigned by the police chief in your hometown to revise the organization’s strategic communication plan. Your assignment is to utilize strategic approach that you have learned so far to develop your city’s police department’s strategic communication plan.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Outline the approach that you would use to conduct research and interpret the situational analysis for your hometown.
- Determine the main goals and objectives of your proposed communication plan. Predict the target group of your communication plan.
- Propose the general communication strategies of your proposed plan. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Develop the first four (4) main steps of your city’s police department’s strategic communication plan. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the hierarchy of command associated with modern law enforcement agencies.
- Discuss the theoretical undertones of policing strategies (i.e., community policing, patrol patterns).
- Discuss ideological and practical positions and debate controversial issues in policing.Examine the requirements of local and federal agency training requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research advanced issues in law enforcement.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced issues in law enforcement using proper grammar and mechanics.