Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, please read the article by Barnham (2015), Quantitative and Qualitative Research: Perceptual Foundations, and the article by Rutberg and Bouikidis (2018), Focusing on the Fundamentals: A Simplistic Differentiation Between Qualitative and Quantitative Research. Watch the Qualitative vs. Quantitative (Links to an external site.) video, and participate in the interactivity How to Read a Scholarly Article (Links to an external site.), as well as the embedded video Identifying and Finding Quantitative and Qualitative Research (Links to an external site.). Refer to the APA Formatting Template (Links to an external site.) to help you correctly cite journal articles.
This discussion forum is the first part of a two-part integration. The peer and instructor feedback you receive in this discussion forum will be integrated and submitted in this week’s written assignment. You must provide feedback on your peers’ initial posts by Day 5 of this week.
Begin to gather background information about the topic of interest and the research focus you identified in Week 1. This is the beginning of developing an understanding of the topic and a prelude to narrowing the topic. Identify three peer-reviewed academic journal articles that report on qualitative research studies that address the research topic or research focus of interest to you.
In an initial post of at least 300 words that incorporates and cites information from at least two required resources,
- Identify and provide a complete APA citation for three articles that report on qualitative research studies that address your research topic or research focus. Consider accessing the Ashford Writing Center’s Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)for more on completing a complete reference citation.
- Append your three articles to your initial discussion form post by Day 3.
- The simplest way to post more than one file to a Canvas discussion is to zip the multiple files together and then upload them as a single file in your discussion post. Follow the How to Create and Open Zip Files on PC and Mac (Links to an external site.) for step-by-step instructions for zipping and unzipping files on either a PC or a Mac.
- Identify the characteristics of each article that tell you the study is a qualitativeresearch study, and not a quantitative research study, citing at least two required resources.
- Assess how these three studies are useful in helping you develop a better understanding of your topic of interest or your research focus, and what you learned from each study.