The purpose of this Final Project Assignment is for you to recognize human development and outcomes (e.g., developmental constructs, processes, milestones, and stages) through the lifespan of an influential person. You will describe this person’s development through cognitive, physical, and social-emotional processes at various key periods, and how his or her development is influenced by nature (genetics), nurture (environment), or both.
For this Final Project Assignment, you will read a biography about an individual of your choosing. Think about leaders, artists, composers, researchers, professors, and otherwise influential people, etc. The person you choose should be someone who has had an impact (positive or negative) on others and/or on society.
This Final Project Assignment is a 6- to 8-page paper composed of three parts. These parts include: the Summary during Week 2, Part 1 during Week 7, and the Final Project submission during Week 10. Note: It is recommended that you begin reviewing the biography you chose starting at Week 2 and plan your time accordingly.
For this week, you will review the Final Project Assignment Overview document and consider an influential person you would like to learn more about.
To prepare for this Final Project Assignment:
- Review the Final Project Assignment Overview document found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Select a biography, not an autobiography, of an influential person. Your selection must be one person and not a group of individuals.
- The biography should be written for adults and not children and cover the entire life of the individual.
- You must use an actual hardcover/paperback book or ebook (Note: Using biography.com or other websites as primary sources of information is not acceptable).
- You must include at least two theories from this course in your Final Project Assignment and discuss at least two of the three developmental processes (cognitive, physical, and social-emotional).
No Assignment submission due this week.
Submit your Final Project Assignment in Week 10.
Week in Review
This week, you analyzed the role of ethics in developmental psychology research as it relates to vulnerable populations. Also, you reviewed the Final Project Assignment for this course and selected a biography of an influential person to begin analyzing developmental concepts as they would apply to the life of this individual.
To end this week, your Instructor may provide a brief summary. Be sure to access the Faculty Corner to review your Instructor’s summary, which will help you focus on the important aspects of this week’s learning.
Next week, you will examine cognitive, physical, and social-emotional developmental processes specific to a period of a character’s life. You also will determine the impact of diversity on those developmental processes. For your Final Project, you will provide a brief summary of the individual and the biography you selected.
To go to the next week: