dChose one of the following articles/cases to read and post your thoughts on one of these issues and respond to the postings of at least two of your fellow students.
- Can an employer be liable for a non-supervisor’s alleged racial bias? (Links to an external site.) Discuss the issues presented in BCI Coca-Cola Bottling Co. v. EEOC U.S. Supreme Court No. 06- 341. Certiorari granted Jan. 5, 2007. Ruling below: 450 F.3d 476 (10th Cir. 2006) (Links to an external site.) from your own perspective and how you understand the law in this area. 6 June 2010.
- “Using The Duck Test For Professional Employees. (Links to an external site.)” By Christopher Mills and Jason Storipan. What do you think of this test? What other measure would you recommend?
- “SOCIAL NETWORKING: A TRAP FOR THE UNWARY (Links to an external site.).” Shaw, Jennifer Brown and Sperry, Alexander. What protections can you as a prospective employee take? Do you agree that employers should be looking into these areas?
- Lewis, Tyler. “Unanimous Supreme Court Allows Firefighter Racial Discrimination Suit to Proceed (Links to an external site.)” 24 May 2010. The Leadership Conference . 6 July 2010.
- Greenhouse, Linda. “Justices Say Law Bars Retaliation Over Bias Claims (Links to an external site.).” 28 May 2008, 6 July 2010,
2. Reply to at least two of your classmates using the discussion grading criteria