Need to address the highlighted bullet questions:
As you prepare to select a new market(EGYPT) for your organization to expand into, remember that you will need to accomplish one of the following options:
- offer your organization’s products in that country
- establish value-chain activities in that country
- some combination of the first two options
Gustavo is seeking your advice regarding the international expansion and global market opportunity assessment. Review the blueprint for international expansion in the business journal article, Going International.
You should also consider principles of international strategy for doing business in your selected country. What products are good candidates for generating additional revenue for your organization from expansion into the selected country? Please provide a detailed analysis
What activities, if any, in your organization’s value chain are candidates for relocation to the country? If there are no activities that can be relocated, please explain why. If there are activities that can be relocated, provide a brief justification and examine the challenges you see in coordination of the global value chain after the proposed value-chain activities of the organization are set up in this country.
Include information about the following cultural issues in your analysis:
- What cultural differences are likely to influence your organization’s operations (e.g., marketing, human resources, etc.) in this country? For background and guidance, consult International Cultural Differences and read about the impact of culture on best-practice production and operations management.
- Would your organization’s products need to be localized or marketed differently in this country? Explain why or why not. See Conducting Market Research for help.
- Are there any issues that your organization’s corporate social responsibility or compliance program may need to address while operating in this country?