NOTE: You MUST follow the outline below, ONLY!!
Create a 13 slides long presentation, based on the outline provided, and answer the questions on the following topic: Calcium absorption in human body: Do we need to use Dairy dietary sources or non-dairy?
Discuss the importance of calcium for human body, its way of absorption and bioavailability of calcium in dairy AND non-dairy products
(Our intention is to show how milk is not the absolute best source of calcium for human body)
***DO NOT USE ANY RESOURCES OTHER THAN THE ONES PROVIDED BELOW!!***
Slide 1: Topic, Introduce ourselves: Bodily calcium absorption: With an emphasis on Dairy dietary sources vs non-dairy.
Slide 2+3: Introduction: What is Caclium and why our body needs it?
- One of the many inorganic dietary minerals that our body needs in order to function properly.
- On average our body needs at least 200mg of calcium.
- Sources: dairy products, dark green vegetables, legumes
- Major functions in the body: Bone and tooth formation, blood clotting, nerve and muscle function
- Calcium deficiency results in —> Impaired growth, loss of bone mass
Slide 4+5: History: Have humans always been obtaining their calcium from dairy products?
Domesticating of cows and evolvement of milk drinking by humans:
Slide 6: Introducing other dietary sources of calcium
Slide 7: Explain what is bioavailability and how do scientists measure the effectiveness of calcium using this method.
Slide 8+9+10+11: A comparison of bioavailability of calcium in different food sources
Slide 12+13: Other factors affecting calcium absorption:
Slide 14: Conclusion
Slide 15: Works Cited