This discussion board will help you prepare for your final project by giving you a chance to learn more about logic models and your organization (see attachment below for more information on the Final Project requirements).
After reviewing the article, About Logic Models (below) and some of the support materials on your logic model builder site, think of a human services issue / program (based on a community need) for which you might develop a logic model and plan. This should be the program and organization that you will be using for your Final Project. Describe the target population of the program. This is the who will “receive” the program and should include the demographics of the target population as well as the service delivery area. Be specific in your description and consider similar demographics who won’t be targeted for your program. For instance, you may have a program which fights homelessness, but whose target population is homeless vets only.
Review the requirements outlined on the
- About Logic Models (Links to an external site.)
- Our Logic Model Builder – follow steps to create an account (Links to an external site.)
- Textbook Readings: Chapters 3, 4 and 5 – Outcomes Measurement In The Human Services, 2nd edition (optional)
- Research Design (Links to an external site.)
- Construct Validity (Links to an external site.)
- Establishing Cause and Effect (Links to an external site.)
- Threats to Validity of Research Design