Your employer is considering international expansion, and you have been assigned to prepare a country report for _____India______. The report should be about 6 or more pages, something that your boss could read and learn about India during a flight to that country.
The report concentrates on providing the following information in socio-cultural environment.
Style of communication
Style of business negotiation
Nature of business relationships
Popular attitudes toward business
Social, economic, political elites
Tastes and preferences
Special buying preferences of population
COUNTRY REPORT ASSIGNMENT
- Be sure to proofread the report.
- Have page numbers.
- Use headings and subheadings to organize the report.
- Provide a BIBLIOGRAPHY arranged in alphabetical order at the end of the report. The Bibliography should identify at least 6 sources as APA style. These sources should be reasonably current with no more than 25% of them coming from before January 2013. Identify Internet sources with the complete Internet address. PROVIDE AN INTEXT CITATION.
- Other information sources include but must not be limited to the following:
- U.S. Department of State Background Notes and Country Fact Sheets web page http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/ and again select the country for your team’s report. Use the links at the Background Notes and Country Fact Sheets web page for your country to read about and identify relevant information to include in your team’s report.
- CIA World Factbook – Central Intelligence Agency https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook
- The web site of your selected country’s embassy in the United States and again use the links to read about and identify information that the country provides on the history, culture, doing business, and other conditions in the country. Again, select relevant information for your team’s report.
- The Lonely Planet web site http://www.lonelyplanet.com and use the links to select your team’s country. Use the links at your country’s web page to read about and identify useful information for a visitor to your selected country, including health and safety considerations, lodging, entertainment, cultural considerations, or other interesting information.
- Country Economic and Foreign Exchange Rate Data – International Monetary Fund http://www.imf.org/external/data.htm#data
- GlobalEDGE http://globalEDGE.msu.edu
- Transparency International http://www.transparency.org
a.U.S. Department of Commerce Market Research export.gov https://www.export.gov/Export-Guides. On this site there are a number of links but pay particular attention to the Country Commercial Guide for your country.