“Strategic Communication Plan” Please respond to the following:
- Go to the online book titled “Strategic Communication Practices: A Toolkit for Police Executives”, located here. You may also view the article here. Focus your reading on Chapter 3 “Developing Strategic Communication Plans”.
- Review the seven (7) steps required in the process of developing a strategic communication plan. Determine the step that you believe is the most important in the process. Include example(s) to support your response.
- Debate for or against the following statement: “When officers make an arrest without a warrant, they act at their own peril and are allowed no margin of error”. Provide a rationale for your response.
“Patrol Strategies” Please respond to the following:
- Read the article titled “Proactive Patrolling through the Use of Patrol Scripts”, located here. You may also view the article at here. Review the three (3) elements of the crime triangle and give your opinion as to how they contribute to crime.
- Compare and contrast the main relative strengths and weaknesses of foot patrol and automobile patrol. Explore how police can combine these two (2) patrol methods to enhance the effectiveness of patrol efforts. Support your response.
- Imagine that you are the director of an inner-city school district’s school police. Propose how you would implement at least one (1) of the patrol strategies discussed in the textbook to improve the overall safety and security for the students that attend schools in your district.