Read the required readings. Next visit the CDC Injury Prevention and Control website; Child safety and injury prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/safechild/. Additionally review the CDC Childhood Injury report. https://www.cdc.gov/safechild/child_injury_data.html
Consider the influence of socioeconomic status (SES), culture, gender, ethnicity, and spirituality on mental and physical health for the individual in various health care settings, as it relates specifically to age in adulthood. Construct your post addressing young, middle and older adult related risks concerning a topic. (Young adults are 18–35, not adolescents). Consider physiological, psychological and iatrogenic risks
Be creative in how you address the discussion. You may choose a specific health topic, social health issue, a health condition or create a family scenario. Consider life transitions and role change. Be sure to include risks, addressing the issue across the adult lifespan. Integrate some social, spiritual and environmental influences on mental and physical health.
In Health Promotion Throughout the Lifespan in Nursing Practice, read:
Chapter 22: “Young Adult”
Chapter 23: “Middle-Aged Adult“
Chapter 24: “Older Adult”
Caldwell, J. T., Ford, C. L., Wallace, S. P., Wang, M. C., & Takahashi, L. M. (2016). Intersection of Living in a Rural Versus Urban Area and Race/Ethnicity in Explaining Access to Health Care in the United States. American Journal Of Public Health, 106(8), 1463-1469.
Emlet, C. A. (2016). Social, Economic, and Health Disparities Among LGBT Older Adults. Generations, 40(2), 16
Lee, K. H., & Hwang, M. J. (2014). Private religious practice, spiritual coping, social support, and health status among older Korean adult immigrants. Social Work In Public Health, 29(5), 428-443.
Course Web Resources
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality [AHRQ]. (2014). Guide to clinical preventive services. Retrieved from https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-prov…
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]. (2014). Principles of epidemiology in public health practice. An Introduction to applied epidemiology and biostatistics. (3rd ed.). Glossary. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/OPHSS/CSELS/DSEPD/SS1978/Gloss…
- Department of Health and Human Services. (2014). Leading health indicators. Retrieved from http://healthypeople.gov/2020/LHI/default.aspx
- Healthy People 2020. (2016). Topics and objectives. Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectiv…
Course PDF Web Resources
- Centers for Disease control and Prevention [CDC]. (2014). Principles of epidemiology in public health practice. An Introduction to applied epidemiology and biostatistics. (3rd ed.). Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/ophss/csels/dsepd/ss1978/ss197…
- Guide to Clinical Preventive Services. (2014). Recommendations of the US preventive task force. Retrieved from https://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-…