https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sylvia_Morelli/publication/51605940_The_Neural_Correlates_of_Empathy_Experience_Automaticity_and_Prosocial_Behavior/links/02bfe513e1ebc81c0b000000/The-Neural-Correlates-of-Empathy-Experience-Automaticity-and-Prosocial-Behavior.pdf (Links to an external site.)
Your task is to read and summarize one of the articles, as outlined below. If you would like to find your own research article, you may do so, but you must post the permalink to that article in addition to the information below. Articles must be primary, empirical, and scholarly.
Step 1: Read one posted article in its entirety, not just the abstract.
Step 2: Summarize the article. Post your summary as a reply to the article link, posted by your instructor, that you have decided to read.
Your summary for the article should include the following:
- Introduction: Explanation of main points and/or purpose of the work—basically, its thesis—which shows among other things that you have read and thoroughly understand the source.
- Methods: Information about what was investigated in the article.
A. Who were the participants being researched (how many and their demographics)
B. What type of study was conducted? Was it an experiment or a non-experiment? Why?
C. Methodology(ies) used in the study: What did the researchers do in their study?
- Results: What did the researchers find in this study? Do you have any critiques of their interpretation of results or study methods?
- Discussion: What are the implication of the results of this study?
- How could this research article relate to developmental psychology? How does it potentially relate to helping resolve your group’s social justice issue?
Other possible information to include:
- The point of view or perspective from which the work was written. For instance, you may note whether the author seemed to have particular biases or was trying to reach a particular audience.
- Any conflicts of interests of the authors.
Step 3: Create a reference for the article in APA format. You will post the reference at the end of your summary entry.
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (Year). Title of article. Title of Periodical, volume
number(issue number), pages. http://doi.org/xx.xxx/yyyyy
Marek, K. D. & Rantz, M. J. (2000). Aging in place: A new model for long term care. Nursing
Administration Quarterly, 24(3), 1-11.