I’m including all of the references from the first 3 assignments so you can see what articles and case studies have already been used:
Amatayakul, M. K. (2017). Health IT and EHRs: Principles and practice (6th ed.). Chicago, IL: AHIMA Press
Franz, B., & Murphy, J. W. (2015). Electronic medical records and the technological imperative: The retrieval of dialogue in community-based primary care. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine, 58(4), 480–492.
Amatayakul, M. K. (2017). Health IT and EHRs: Principles and practice (6th ed.). Chicago, IL: AHIMA Press. Available from the bookstore.
Catapult Staffing. (2017). System development life cycle in seven phases. Retrieved from https://catapultstaffing.com/system-development-li…
Gomillion, D. L. (2017).Comprehensive care and the re-adoption of an electronic health records system:Preparingfor a successful adoption after a failed attempt. Journal of Information Systems Education, 28(2), 83–91.
Integrity of the Healthcare Record: Best Practices for EHR Documentation (2013 update). (n.d.). Retrieved from http://library.ahima.org/doc?oid=300257
Amatayakul, M. K. (2017). Health IT and EHRs: Principles and practice (6th ed.). Chicago, IL: AHIMA Press.
Elliott, L., Weil, J., Dykstra, E., Calinski, R., Schurman, J., & Conn, L. (2018). Standardizing documentation: A place for everything. Medsurg Nursing, 27(1), 32–37.
How to Integrate Data – Data Integration Primer – Pavements – Federal Highway Administration. (2017, June 27). Retrieved from https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/asset/dataintegration/if1…
MedAllies and the Direct Project Support Secure Exchange of Clinical Information in EHR Systems | HealthIT.gov. (2017). Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/case-study/medallies-and-…
Privacy and Security Standards. (2017, August 22). Retrieved from https://www.himss.org/library/interoperability-sta…
Complete an EHR Scoring Guide Checklist (Excel spreadsheet) that analyzes two EHR systems for potential implementation in a 25-provider physician office.
To begin, use the attached checklist
At a minimum, your scoring guide checklist needs to provide at least 3 examples of all of the following:
- EHR Applications.
- Personal Health Record (PHR) Strategies.
- What strategies does the EHR employ to ensure secure and efficient patient data-sharing among PHRs?
- HIE Strategies.
- What strategies does the EHR employ to ensure secure and efficient patient data-sharing among HIEs?
- Requirements for Successful Implementation.
- Organizations That Set Standards for the EHR.
- Standards for the Electronic Health Record.
- Case Study Reference.
- The scoring guide checklist for the first team has been completed for you as an example. Be sure to complete both remaining columns.
- This scoring guide checklist is a tool you may find useful in the workplace for organizations considering upgrading an existing EHR system or implementing a new one.
For Assessment 4, select two case studies that are different from the ones you selected for your previous assessments. This time, choose two case studies for analysis that use different EHRs in a physician office environment. Your work in this assessment focuses on issues surrounding how EHRs interact with patients, other health information systems, and others external to the health care organization.
Analyze your selected case study and then incorporate appropriate elements into your assessment. Remember: Choosing case studies that allow you to meet the assessment’s scoring guide criteria is your responsibility.
- HealthIT.gov. (n.d.). Case studies. Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/case-studies
- At this link, you will find EHR implementation stories from providers around the country. In addition, case studies from specific categories, such as meaningful use and health information exchange, are provided. On the left hand side of the screen, be sure to click the + sign to open the list of case studies.
- Michigan State Medical Society. (n.d.). EMR in physician practices: A summary of 14 case studies to guide Michigan physicians [PDF]. Retrieved from https://www.msms.org/Portals/0/Documents/MSMS/Reso…
This was the verbal feedback given:
While you have attempted to complete the information for Team 2 and Team 3, the instructions for the assessment state to select different articles than that were previously used and to select articles which involve an HER in the physician office environment. The article on MedAllies was previously used and is about a HIE (not an EHR). This article was a good article of the identification of various standards but does not contain the information needed for an EHR. Please locate a different case study. While the article on the Urban Health Plan is a good article for Team3, the information is the assessment does not match the information in the article. Do you have the incorrect reference listed maybe?