Module 4 – SLP
Leverage, Capital Structure, and Dividend Policy
Review the 1) dividends for the past three years and 2) capital
structure of the company you have been researching for your SLP
assignment. Then answer the following questions in a Word document
(except for the Excel portion specifically noted). The paper should be 2
pages in length.
- What has occurred with your selected company’s dividend payout,
dividend yield, and dividend per share over the past three years? Do you
have any explanations for what has occurred? Also, has this company had
any stock splits or stock repurchases in recent years?
- How does your selected company’s dividend payout, dividend yield,
and dividend per share compare with other companies in its industry? Has
the company’s dividend strategy been similar to other companies in its
- Use Excel to plot your selected company’s earnings and dividends
over the past three years. Do you notice any patterns? What dividend
policies from the background readings best match these patterns?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on
tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background
- For computational problems, make sure to show your work and explain your steps.
- For short answer/short essay questions, make sure to reference your
sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations.
See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper,
including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the
“Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC