Prepare a cohesive response in which you:
- Select one of the management styles from the Cardinal article that you have used or have observed.
- Describe the situation in which you, as a manager, or a manager you observed used the style, along with the outcomes of the situation. (Note: Do not identify the names of specific individuals or organizations.)
- Assess why you think the outcomes occurred. Be sure to support your assessment with this week’s Learning Resources or other credible and relevant resources.
- Discuss whether or not you believe that the situation you described was the best management style to employ based on the context of the situation. What factors might affect whether a management style is effective? For example, what circumstances might influence a management style’s?
- How might you have managed the situation that you described, in order to have a different outcome (i.e., would you use a different style, based on your preferences and skills and explain why or why not)? Be specific in your explanation and use examples to support your explanation.
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week’s Learning Resources, as well as other credible resources you have read; or what you have observed and experienced.
General Guidance: Assignment should be typically be 3–4 paragraphs in length as a general expectation/estimate.
- Cardinal, R. (2015, March 15). 6 management styles and when to use them [Blog]. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rosalind-cardinal/6-…
- Churchill, Z. (2014, September 11). 6 questionable management styles & how to spot them [Blog]. Retrieved from http://www.maxandbuddyconsulting.com.au/management…