Homework 1 emphasizes using social networks such as Facebook. In this homework, you will:
A. Create (if you don’t already have one) and use a Facebook account to interact with
Note: For these activities within Facebook, you are welcome to include your professor and other
students in the class. However, you do not have to. You are welcome to just use your known
B. Perform the following specific activities:
1. If needed, create your Facebook account.
2. Login and personalize your account with a picture and provide other education, sports,
interests and activities as desired.
3. Find and friend someone in Facebook. (You can always defriend them later.)
4. Try to find a childhood, school friend or co-worker in Facebook.
5. Post on the walls of 2 of your friends in Facebook.
6. Read your News Feed in Facebook. “Like” a friends status update if you want to.
7. Chat with a friend through Facebook.
8. Create and manage a photo album in Facebook.
9. Configure and customize your privacy settings in Facebook.
C. Prepare a well-written paper no more than 2–5 pages in length
In this paper you will cover the process of setting up the Facebook account, issues you
encountered, privacy settings and the justification for selecting those setting, and how you
envision using this account in the future. Be sure to show a screen captures and a description
of how you successfully completed activities 1-9 listed above. Discuss any personal or
computer security issues you have with using Facebook or other social networking sites.
Your completed assignment should be saved as a Word (or PDF) document and submitted to
your LEO assignments area no later than the due date listed in the syllabus. Your document
should be neat, well-written with minimal grammar and spelling errors.
You should name the file yournamehw1.docx (or yournamehw1.pdf). So if my name was Julie
Smith, I would name my document juliesmithhw1.docx.
Your name should be clearly listed on the first page along with the class/section, professor and
due date. Your document should contain page numbers at the top of each page. Single or double
space line formatting is acceptable. All references used for your report should be included in
APA style format. See the following APA reference guide for details on how to cite your