- How difficult is it to operationalize HICS? What are some of the challenges associated with HICS implementation? What are some solutions to the identified challenges?
- Who needs to be trained in HICS and why?
- Should different staff receive different levels of training in HICS?
Week 2 – Readings
Reilly, M., &Markenson, D. S. (2010). Health Care Emergency Management: Principles and Practice
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Hospital and Healthcare Emergency Management
- Chapter 9: Functional Roles of Hospital Workers in Disasters and Public Health Emergencies
Reilly, M., &Markenson, D. S. (2009). Education and training of hospital workers: Who are essential personnel during a disaster?Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, 24(3), 239-245.
- education and training of hospital workers – who are essential personnel during a disaster.pdf
Jensen, J. and Waugh, W. L. (2014), The United States’ Experience with the Incident Command System: What We Think We Know and What We Need to Know More About. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 22: 5–17. doi: 10.1111/1468-5973.12034
The United States’ Experience.pdf
– Minimum 400 words, 4 paragraphs
– Use proper APA6 format
– use more than 3 credible sources