This assignment is aimed at giving students an opportunity to select and analyze a real quantitative research study and explain how it may or may not be able to help improve an aspect of health care delivery. This will be a 3 – 5 page paper that meets the general writing guidelines which are outlined in the syllabus.
This assignment should be carried out as follows:
Step #1: Study selection – Select the article that most interests you.
- A Randomized Trial of Intensive versus Standard Blood-Pressure Control (Article1)
- Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide: Sources, methods and major patterns in GLOBOCAN 2012 (Article2)
- The Quality of Surgical and Pneumonia Care in Minority-Serving and Racially Integrated Hospitals (Article3)
Step #2: Summary: Write a 3 – 5 page summary and analysis of the key aspects of the article you selected. In this summary you should cover the following items in the article:
- Describe the research hypothesis in the article
- Describe the type of quantitative research design selected and why this design was chosen by the author(s), i.e. Descriptive, Correlational, Causal-comparative/quasi-experimental research or Experimental research.
- The following link provides a quick review of the differences http://www.bcps.org/offices/lis/researchcourse/develop_quantitative.html
- Variables tested
- Research design
- Data Analysis