For your portfolio project, choose a current political leader (of a country other than the United States). You will provide background information on your chosen leader, explain how they came to power, describe the source and extent of their power, describe their leadership style (i.e. transactional, transformational), and describe and evaluate at least two decisions they have made since coming to power.
- Introduction with a Thesis Statement
- Background Information:
- Family and early life
- Professional background
- Rise to Power:
- Why did the leader seek power?
- Explain how the leader came to power (election, coup, hereditary, etc.).
- Source and Extent of Power:
- Source: Constitution or other document(s), tradition, fear, etc.
- Extent: Are there limits to what the leader can do? Who, if anyone, can check the leader’s power? Is the leader accountable to anyone?
- Leadership Style:
- Using your own analysis as well as that of scholars, describe your subject’s leadership style (i.e. transactional, transformational).
- Evaluate the overall impact of this leadership style on the leader’s actions and decisions.
- Major Actions/Decisions:
- Describe at least two major actions or decisions by the leader, including what was done, why, and the outcome.
- How do these actions/decisions illustrate your subject’s leadership style?
- Your Overall Assessment of the Leader
- Summarizing Conclusion
Khan, Z. A., Nawaz, A., & Khan, I. (2016). Leadership theories and styles: A literature review. Journal of Resources Development and Management, 16, 1-7. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/293885908_Leadership_Theories_and_Styles_A_Literature_Review (Links to an external site.)
Nanjundeswaraswamy T. S., & Swamy D. R. (2014, February). Leadership styles. Advances in Management, 7(2), 57-62. Retrieved from https://www.mnsu.edu/activities/leadership/leadership_styles.pdf (Links to an external site.)
van Eeden, R., Cilliers, F., & van Deventer, V. (2008). Leadership styles and associated personality traits: Support for the conceptualisation of transactional and transformational leadership. South African Journal of Psychology, 38(2), 253-267. Retrieved from http://uir.unisa.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10500/14595/Leadership%20styles%20and%20associated%20personality%20traits.%20Support%20for%20the%20conceptualisation%20of%20transactional%20and%20transformational%20leadership.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y (Links to an external site.)
Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length and conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Include at least 10 scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references