The mission of Citizen Corps is to harness the power of every individual through education, training, and volunteer service to make communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to the threats of terrorism, crime, public health issues, and disasters of all kinds.
Go to the website describing various affiliate programs and organizations involved in Citizen Corps. View the Citizen Corps Partner Programs – https://www.ready.gov/citizen-corps-partner-programs and Citizen Corps Affiliate Programs and Organizations – https://www.ready.gov/citizen-corps-affiliate-programs.
1. Select one and provide a synopsis of their mission, purpose, and how they have contributed to supporting the mission statement of the Citizen Corps located below.
2. Are you aware or do you participate in any of these local citizen initiatives? If yes, briefly describe.
Examine the Are You Ready Emergency Planning and Checklist where guides are located – https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan.
Take a moment to examine the entire site of Ready, which is maintained by FEMA – https://www.ready.gov/.
1. Do you feel this list is all encompassing and prepares you and your family for a disaster or incident?
2. What other planning considerations do you feel should be contained on the checklist and why?
– answer each questions in at least 100 words
– list references in APA format