THERE ARE 2 PARTS (PLEASE FOCUS ON POINTS NOT TOO MUCH DESCRIPTIVE)
PART 1(2 PAGES)
Please summarize the article below;
PART 2 (5 TO 6 PAGES)
White Hat Hacking and Planning a Hack
In order to carry out an effective white hat operation for a company you first need a plan.To better understand how to develop a plan you need to understand who the hacker is and how they function.
First, learn about the hacker and telling the white hats, gray hats, and black hats apart.Also learn why it is important to stay ethical.
- Read Part I Preparing for the War in Gray Hat HackingThe Ethical Hacker’s Handbook, Fourth Editionhttp://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/toc.aspx?bookid=77172
- Watch Hacking Classes – 1:What is and who is a hacker https://youtu.be/39UkM2ugLlg
- Watch the Lynda.com tutorial Hackers and the kill chainhttp://www.lynda.com/N-Stalker-tutorials/Hackers-kill-chain/164982/187647-4.html
- Read Chapter 2 Ethics and Hacking http://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/assetviewer.aspx?bookid=56567&chunkid=742589661
- Read Chapter 1 Hacking: the Next Generation in Hacker Techniques, Tools, and Incident Handling.http://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/assetviewer.aspx?bookid=69818&chunkid=385012513¬eMenuToggle=0&hitSectionMenuToggle=0&leftMenuState=1
- Read Section I, Chapter 1 in Web Security: A WhiteHat Perspective http://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/toc.aspx?bookid=51953
Second, investigate how to devise a white hat plan to penetrate a system.
- Read Chapter 2 – Reconnaissance in The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy, Second Edition
- Read Section II, Chapters 2 – 6Safety on the Client Script in Web Security:A WhiteHat Perspectivehttp://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/toc.aspx?bookid=51953
- Read Chapter 3 Information Gathering Techniques in Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing http://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/toc.aspx?bookid=61791
- Work through chapters 2 – 6 in Professional Penetration Testing: Creating and Learning in a Hacking Lab, Second Editionhttp://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/toc.aspx?bookid=56567
Third, apply basics of planning for a white hat penetration by working through the iLabs
- ECSA Certified Security Analyst Course ECSAv9, Module 03 Pre-penetration Testing Steps
- Certified Security Analyst Course ECSAv9, Module 04 Information Gathering Methodology
Now that you better understand the role of a white hat hacker, and how to stay ethical during the penetration scenario, design a plan to carry out a white hat penetration test of a company.