- Review examples of how to provide appropriate citations for the ACA Code of Ethics from this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the scenarios in Case Study 3.2 (pp. 86–89) from Chapter 3 of the Erford course text. Select three scenarios to respond to for this Discussion.
Note: You are required to post your response to the Discussion thread before you are able to view others’ responses.
By Day 3
Post your evaluation of the three ethical scenarios you selected.
- Explain whether the behavior exhibited in the scenario was ethical or unethical, and why.
- Make sure to provide the ACA Code of Ethicsstandard that applies to the case.
Erford, B. T. (Ed.). (2018). Orientation to the counseling profession: Advocacy, ethics, and essential professional foundations (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 3, “Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling” (pp. 70–112)
Ponton, R. F., & Duba, J. D. (2009). The ACA code of ethics: Articulating counseling’s professional covenant. Journal of Counseling and Development : JCD, 87(1), 117-121. doi:http://dx.doi.org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1002/j…