Must use this Textbook as a reference- Parnell, J.A. (2008). Strategic management plus using 3 more scholary reference from http://bethelu.libguides.com.bethelu.idm.oclc.org/bulibrary and using a minimum of 1650 words total, and not less than 350 words per any one answer answer the following in APA style and references with retrieved from links.
1. Case Summary: The case summary is supposed to be on the firm in the RealTime case assigned for the unit. In Unit 3, it is Real-Time Case 23: Nike. In other words, “these firms” refers only to Nike in Unit 3. Do not base your summary on any other firms. Refer to the syllabus for instructions on how to find the case for each unit. Remember to use the narrative format in your summary.
2. Case Analysis #1: This question is very straightforward. The crux of the matter in this analysis question is, “Is this criticism warranted? Why or why not?” You need to open your essay with a clear thesis statement in the style, “This criticism is warranted (or not warranted) because…” Make sure you support your answer by citing applicable views of ethics discussed in Chapter 5. Note, as well, that additional research is required in order to make a convincing case.
3. Case Analysis #2: In this essay, you will identify the strategies that have led to Nike’s growth. Hint: Growth is part of Corporate Strategy. Again, you should open with a clear thesis statement such as, “Nike has accomplished considerable growth over the past two decades through ….” Note that growth strategies are discussed in your READ assignment for this unit. In response to the second part of the question you need to identify Nike’s core competencies and assess the ability of such competencies to sustain the growth.
4. Application: The application question is specifically about changes you would make to the CORPORATE STRATEGY as a result of worldwide ECONOMIC recession. Be very clear in your focus on the corporate strategy rather than the other two levels of strategy. Note that the options available under corporate strategies are discussed in Chapter 6 of the textbook. Even if you recommend no change, you still need to identify the current corporate strategy and give reasons why it would serve well in an economic recession, and thus needs not be changed.
- In a narrative format, discuss Nike from a strategic perspective. Information concerning recent changes in the firm is readily available online and should be accessed. Strategic issues should be discussed in “real time.”
2. Some critics—citing previous allegations of sweatshops—have argued that Nike has not been ethical in its approach to production in developing countries. Is this criticism warranted? Why or why not? Additional Internet research may be required to support your position.
3. How has Nike accomplished considerable growth over the past two decades? Can this continue? Why or why not?
4. Suppose you are the CEO of Nike and the world is coping with an economic recession. Would you change the corporate strategy? If so, what changes would you make and why? If not, why not?