PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR FORMATTING
Study the following CAFR report.
Also study this explanation of what a CAFR is.
Also study this information about Onawa, Iowa, including population data.
1. Who prepared the CAFR for Onawa, Iowa?
2. The report was prepared following what accounting principles?
3. Who audited the report?
4. What issue did the auditor report regarding inventory?
5. What issue regarding the water system revenue bond did the auditor report?
6. According to the organization chart, who does the electrical foreman report to?
7. Who was City Administrator when this report was completed in 2012?
8. What was the population of Onawa, Iowa as per the 2010 Census?
9. According to the table on page 15 of the CAFR, what was the value of total assets as of 2012?
10. According to the table on page 16 of the CAFR, what was the revenue received through Property
Taxes in 2012?
11. According to the table on page 17 of the CAFR, what were the expenses for “Culture and
Recreation” in 2012?
12. According to the table on page 19 of the CAFR, what were the three business-type activities of
the city of Onawa?
13. According the information on page 20, what was the state of debt administration?
14. According to the statement of net assets on page 22, what was the value of total net assets
(Governmental Activities) as of June 30, 2012?
15. On page 28, taxes are shown to be $697,195 for fiscal year ending June 30, 2012. Using the
population figure from the 2010 Census, calculate total taxes per person (realizing that the Census