PJM400 MOD4 DISCUSSION POST
Please reply to the below discussion in 250 words
The Steps listed in the recommended reading for question 1. are:
Step 1 – Select a negotiation team based on carefully articulated criteria.
Step 2 – Install a leader.
Step 3 – Articulate the team’s strengths and weaknesses.
Step 4 – With the team in place, formulate objectives, develop strategies, establish priorities, and plan the agenda.
Step 5 – Prepare psychologically and run through some practice sessions.
- Kumar, K. N. S. (2018). To analyze the effectiveness of e-negotiation with face-to-face negotiation. CLEAR International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management, 9(11), 22–23.
- Ilyas, M. A. B., & Hassan, M. K. (2015). Negotiate to win across cultures. Paper presented at PMI® Global Congress 2015—EMEA, London, England. Newtown Square, PA: Project Management Institute. Retrieved from https://www.pmi.org/learning/library/guide-to-negotiations-across-cultures-9886
From the required and recommended readings (see the interactive lecture) answer the following
- What are some steps the project procurement team can take to prepare for negotiations?
- Describe three factors that you believe can derail the project procurement negotiation process.
- How can contract management professionals avoid these challenges in their procurement negotiations?