For this Assignment, be sure to view this week’s Qualitative Research Design PowerPoint webinar and pay close attention to its content on the basic elements of qualitative research methods (e.g., sample selection, data collection, plans for interpretive analysis). Then, review the two research studies presented in this week’s resources for this assignment.
Note: While not a required resource, you might find the definitions in the Encyclopedia of Nursing Researchhelpful for this assignment.
This assignment involves identifying and describing different elements of the research method used in the Walsh et al. (2015) article.
- Focus on the research design, sample selection, data collection methods, and plan for data analysis as discussed in the Walsh et al. (2015) article.
- Identify at least two strengths and two weaknesses of the article’s research method based on trustworthiness. You must provide support for your explanation with citations from additional sources.
- Use the Journal Club Template for Qualitative Research located in this week’s resources.
- The template includes an area for each element discussed in the study.
- Be brief, paraphrase and summarize each of the elements clearly on the form
Once this is complete, save your file and submit the Journal Club Template for Qualitative Research to the submission link.
This is the Link for the webinar
This is the information for the Walsh et.al article
Walsh, A., Meagher-Stewart, D., & Macdonald, M. (2015). Persistent optimizing: How mothers make food choices for their preschool children. Qualitative Health Research, 25(4), 527–539.
second article information
Stiffler, D., Cullen, D., & Luna, G. (2014). Diabetes barriers and self-care management: The patient perspective. Clinical Nursing Research, 23(6), 601–626.