For the Session Long Project, you will be applying the concepts from
the background materials to your own personal workplace experiences. For
this assignment, think of two former or current coworkers that had
unique personalities. Choose two people that you worked with closely
enough that you were able to get a good idea of their personality traits
and workplace attitudes.
Review the main personality traits and attitudes from the background
materials, and think about how these apply to your two coworkers. Then
write a three-page paper addressing the following issues:
- How would you describe the personalities of these two coworkers? Use
the Big Five Personality traits and other personality traits discussed
in Chapter 6 of Nair (2010) to find the personality traits that best
describe your coworkers. You must use specific personality traits that
you found in the background readings for your answer.
- How would you describe their workplace attitudes including job
satisfaction and organizational commitment? Use the concepts from
Chapter 4 of Nair (2010) in your answer.
- Do you think their personality traits impacted their workplace
attitudes, or did other factors such as the work environment, job
characteristics, etc. have a greater impact on their attitudes?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on
tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references.
Articles published in established newspapers or business
journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the internet,
make sure it is from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.