Read and evaluate the following research articles:
- Rawdin, B., Evans, C., & Rabow, M. W. (2013). The relationships among hope, pain, psychological distress, and spiritual well-being in oncology outpatients. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 16(2), 167-172. doi:10.1089/jpm.2012.0223
Link to Article
- Ferreira, V. M., & Sherman, A. M. (2007). The relationship of optimism, pain and social support to well-being in older adults with osteoarthritis. Aging & Mental Health, 11(1), 89-98. doi:10.1080/13607860600736166
Link to Article
Apply the concepts explored in the articles above by writing a 2-3 page paper in APA format using proper spelling and grammar. Your paper should address the following:
- Examine the concept of psychological well-being as it relates to the experience of pain and stress.
- Explore how optimism, hope, distress, and social support play a role in how people experience pain and stress. Be sure to discuss how these elements of psychological well-being contribute to overall physical and mental health.
- Be sure to reference specific concepts from the articles. Use in-text citations and provide APA formatted References as appropriate.
Note: Please refer to Rasmussen’s APA Guide located on the Resources tab for information regarding APA format as well as APA referencing and citation procedures.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:Jstudent_exampleproblem_101504