Students are required to extend on assessment one and provide a narrative analysis in report format, addressing the following key points…
1. Identify and discuss
(a) How the social determinants of health underpin the narrative/s expressed in your chosen episode and
(b) How these social determinants of health have the potential to impact health outcomes of those individuals, with evidence from the broader social determinants of health literature. A template will be provided to complete this work.
2. Using the short answer question template provided reflect on this experience of listening and analysing other peoples narratives and how it may impact/influence your professional practice moving forward.
700 words (+/-10%)
Addresses learning outcome(s):
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Recognise strength in self, others and communities;
2. Develop the ability to examine reflexively with narratives of illness and well-being using diverse media;
3. Recognise and discuss strengths and capabilities of individuals and communities;
4. Recognise and explain the importance of reflexive engagement in professional practice;
6. Respectfully discuss Australian stories of vulnerability and growth; especially with regard to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.