Approaches to Disease Management
After studying Module 6: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
You see a 3-year-old with hypertension (documented on three different visits) in your primary care clinic.
- Describe the workup, differential diagnoses, assessment, and management.
- How would your plan of care be different if the child were 10 years old?
- What risk factor counseling and advice would you include?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.