Answer the worksheet questions using the attached material only.
- Jennifer L. Morgan, “‘Some Could Suckle (Links to an external site.) over Their Shoulder’: European Depictions of Indigenous Women, 1492-1750″ in Women’s America: Refocusing the Past, 7th ed., ed. Linda K. Kerber et. al. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011), 24-33.
- Primary Sources Packet (Links to an external site.) (also available in Course Reference Module)
- “Two Sisters,” 8-9.
- Columbus, “Letter,” 12-13.
- De las Casas, “Deaths,” 18-9
- SECONDARY SOURCES
- Read the introduction and conclusion of the articles. These may be the first and last, or a couple of the paragraphs at the beginning and end of an article.
- PRIMARY SOURCES
- Focus on both summing up and analyzing the documents in relation to historical forces.