Write a 500 word document that describes and analyzes one piece of artwork that you have chosen from one of the following virtual art museums-
National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Gwacheon-si, South Korea
Leopold Museum, Wien, Austria
Guggenheim Bilbao, Spain
Global Street Art Foundation London, England
The Guggenheim (New York)
MOMA (New York)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art(New York)
Musée d’Orsay et de l’Orangerie (Paris, France)
**Choose an artwork that was made after 1900**
Select your favorite artwork to write about, use formal language as we learned in module 1 (elements/ principles of art and design) as well as process descriptions learned in module 2.
You must choose an original artwork from one of the virtual museums listed.
Include- Name of Museum, Title of artwork, date created, medium, artist name, country the artist is from, style of art. Please include an image of the artwork.
All submissions must be in your own words and not copied from information that the museum supplies.
- Tile of submission (name of museum that you visited) Word count of the main body of your submission
- Title of art work selected for discussion along with Date, title, artist, country or region of artist,
- Where did the artwork come from? What materials were used to create the artwork?
- Can you identify the stylistic period of the artwork? Remember to define your terms.
- Describe the artwork—is it representational? If it is, what does it represent? Is it a portrait, a genre scene, a mythological or biblical scene? What are the formal elements (line, color, rhythm, etc.). If it is not representative, what response does the art work evoke? (review the file on formal analysis) I will be less inclined to give you full credit if you just focus on subject matter. Write about the work from the position of a person educated in art by using the new terms and concepts learned in this class.
- What purpose did the artwork serve? Who used it? What is its cultural context?
- Finally, what is your reaction to the work? Why?
- Will you visit this museum again? Will this museum inspire you to visit other museums?
Once you have completed the document, please upload it to the dropbox. Also please include a picture.