Essay: Staffing and Development
The final project Portfolio Assignment requires you to build a professional document incorporating the central lessons you have learned throughout this course. For this Portfolio Assignment, please select an organization that you work for or one that you are familiar with. Then, complete the following:
- Provide an organizational profile that includes information about the organization’s mission, vision, culture, and strategy. This information, aside from the mission, should be explained in your own words.
- Explain the organization’s industry, provide information about its competitors, and provide details about how the organization can differentiate itself from other organizations within the industry.
- Compare your organization to one selected industry competitor. The comparison that you provide should provide details regarding how your organization differs in terms of talent recruitment, selection, and retention, as well as how your organization measures up in terms of training and development opportunities.
- Identify how your organization assesses employee performance and explore the strengths and weaknesses of your selected organization’s performance management system.
- Explain how your organization can utilize the principles of performance management that we have studied to engage their people, retain talent, and accelerate performance to ensure a strong workplace environment.
- Write a 13- to 15-page paper, or about 5000 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- For this assignment, refer to the website entitled Writing an Effective Essay (Links to an external site.).
- You can download and save the APA Template Paper (Links to an external site.) as your own paper and replace the placeholders with your own information. This template is already formatted in APA style according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Do not change the formatting of this template.
- This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- Include a formal references page. You must support your analysis with at least 10 to 12 scholarly references and can include resources from this course. Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.) APA standards.
- The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as a:
- scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- government-based website or publication.
- trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org. **Required Textbook: Aguinis, H. (2019). Performance management (4th ed.). Chicago Business Press.
- Below I attached the Portfolio Milestones, you will use this as a source to complete this assignment since i have already chosen the organization i want to use, please ensure that you also use most of the references attached below.