Topic: Corporate Governance in People’s Credit Banks in Indonesia- A Challenge for a Better Future
You are required to read the paper included in this week’s resources (Paper 4-Corporate Governance in People’s Credit Banks in Indonesia- A Challenge for a Better Future) after reading this paper and looking at the issues and structure in which this paper (BTW this is the Fifth chapter of your textbook), please discuss the following in great detail and in line with the expectation of DBA Learning Engagement.
- How do exactly potential conflicts of interest within the board of commissioners considering their power over their own remuneration affect the corporate governance at PCB and what do you think is the best remedy for such conflict of interests?
- Which CG Standards have been promulgated, but not yet applied? and what existing gaps are there with respect to standards at PCB?
- Which categories of corporate governance do you prefer?
Provide your overall evaluation of this paper especially its findings and analysis and comment on how to manage the existing gaps in the standards in PCBs
- Post your 1000-1500 word post,
- Post your PowerPoint presentation (10-15 slides)
- Intext REFERENCES and CITATIONS please
PROFESSOR’S GUIDANCE FOR THIS WEEK’S RD:
There are many different aspects and regimes for implementing standards in “corrupt” nations. These regimes include board leadership and effectiveness, compliance function, internal and external audit, business plan, financial and nonfinancial transparency, risk management and internal control systems, maximum legal lending limits, and conflict of interest settlement. Looking at the four recommendations of this paper, you should form an opinion that portrays your command over the subject matter. And, does this time in to your focus in your course project? Why or why not?