To prepare for this week’s discussion post:
- Watch these LinkedIn Learning videos from the series Giving Your Elevator Pitch with Todd Dewettl LinkedIn.com if prompted):
- Read Robert W. Bly’s article “The 3-Part Elevator Pitch Formula You Need to Know.”
This Week’s Discussion Post
For this week’s discussion, please respond to the following:
- Develop a 30-second elevator pitch for your selected company (whether you’re working with the snack food company scenario or the company of your choice), using the tips provided in the videos and article.
- Enclose your elevator speech within quotation marks.
- Provide a rationale for the components included in your pitch.
Optional: Week 9 Video Response Challenge
You may choose to make a video of your elevator speech if you wish, but this is not required. This will give you excellent practice for doing a “live” elevator speech someday!
- Reminder: If you do choose to make a video of your speech, you still need to provide your written elevator speech that includes a rationale for the components included in your pitch.
- tart your response with a brief description of your business (no more than 3 sentences). Specify your company name, what business you are in, and the specific product(s) or service (s) you plan to sell.