Description: You will analyze a comprehensive advertising and/or public relations campaign (2000 words minimum , APA style).
First, pick an advertised product or service or a company that has used advertising or public relations to effectively communicate to its publics. Then you should conduct research to identify who that product is advertised to and/or how public relations is used to move public opinion using the media. Additionally, you must analyze 3 advertisements or other communication pieces created for persuasion (billboards, white papers, etc). Look for print ads, press releases, 30-second spots on live or streaming tv, and/or online ads–anything that shows your organization making communication with its target audience.
CHOSEN COMPANY: APPLE
Make sure you choose a campaign where you can use some of the issues that have been raised during the semester to show what you’ve learned.
Include the following in your analysis:
- Understand what elements of the campaign worked well/ not so well
- Learn how the target audience responded to the campaign
- Review ultimate effectiveness of the campaign versus objectives
- Provide valuable learnings for future campaigns
- Any controversies or consequences of campaign
- social and ethical concerns brought up by your campaign
- Pay specific attention to any impact from globalization, technology
Then put your analysis into an oral presentation (see presentation assignment).
You will receive two separate scores: 1) the analysis (project) itself and 2) how you articulate whether or not you think it is a good campaign in your 8-10 min presentation.
Reminder: This is an analysis only. You do not have to create a brand or service, but feel free to discuss how your organization missed the mark and suggest how your company should have done it differently.
INCLUDE FORMAL OUTLINE FOR ANALYSIS