For the final component the semester long group assignment, groups will write a reflection paper that will include and review the actual group process that occurred. This paper should be 3-4 pages, typed-double spaced, with 1- inch margins, 12-point Times New Roman Font. Your reflection paper should include relevant course concepts and materials that describe the group’s process. Additionally, you can use the following questions to guide your paper but you are free to focus on anything relevant to your group experience.
- Developmental phases: Did your group go through any developmental stages? If so, how? What happened in each stage? Was the process linear or cyclical? Were any steps repeated?
- Roles: What were the roles that emerged for each group member? Were the roles of each member consistent? Did roles change at all? Were roles stabilized at any point?
- Leadership: Did any leadership roles emerge? How did these leaders become leaders? What type of leaders emerged?
- Decision-making: How were ideas developed in your group? How were ideas decided?
- Conflicts: What conflicts arose? How were problems managed? Could the group have handled conflicts differently? If so, how?
- Problem-solving techniques: How did you solve problems? What techniques were used? Was groupthink an issue at all? If so, what were the results of that?