You look up from your desk and once again see Joan, the CEO, pacing back and forth in front of your door before finally coming into your office. The CEO advises you that the meeting last week with the Board went great but feels that she needs a greater understanding of how to cut and control costs, as mergers and acquisitions are an expensive undertaking. The CEO asks that you keep your research findings completely confidential because if word leaked out, it could negatively affect morale and slow down production at Venus Widgets.
The CEO has tasked you with exploring the implications of offshoring and outsourcing on some of the company’s operations in an attempt to streamline and save money.
This week for your project, please discuss the following:
- Discuss strategies that could be implemented as part of an outsourcing and offshoring plan to help streamline functions of the company and save money.
- As part of the exploration and developing strategies process for offshoring and outsourcing, the CEO would like for you to focus on the HR department.
- Discuss the benefits and risks of undertaking such a plan and the impact that it would have on organizational effectiveness.
- Your paper should be a minimum of 4 pages, using proper APA formatting and including at least 3 credible sources cited in your paper through in-text citations. Include an APA formatted title page and reference page. Your paper should also be free of grammatical errors.
- Suggested library databases to research these topics include Business Source Complete via EBSCO and Business via ProQuest for articles, and O’Reilly Safari and eBooks via EBSCO for eBooks.
*A note about credible sources: Credible sources are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. These sources are written by authors respected in their fields of study. You want to identify sources where the author of the article is listed, if they’ve referenced other information, the sources should be cited so that you can check for the accuracy of and support what they have written. Wikipedia is not considered a credible source.