You have been hired for a newly created quality management position at Funzo, Inc. Funzo is a large toy manufacturer that has recently started experiencing problems with their largest action figure line. Some of the problems include incorrect accessories being packaged with figures, arms and shoulders being put on incorrectly, packaging not being sealed, and action features not working correctly. The owner of Funzo has asked you to discuss some of your ideas for correcting these problems.
Using your text, as well as the “Role of Quality Management System in Project Completion” article, draft a response to the owner with your recommendations, keeping in mind that there are a variety of approaches to quality management and quality assurance (e.g., inspection, planning activities, statistical sampling, etc.). In your response, describe what the quality management and quality assurance process should look like and list the outputs of the quality control process as they relate to Funzo, Inc.’s largest action figure line. Replies should contain at least 200 words and be supported by at least one additional professional or academic source.
Project Plan for Amazon
In 2011, Amazon deployed SharePoint 2010 to provide self-service portal features to its teams around the world. Now, since Microsoft has released a new version of SharePoint , Amazon has decided to upgrade, and has contracted your company for help with managing the project. Review how the deployment of SharePoint 2010 went in the case, Amazon’s Corporate IT Deploys SharePoint 2010 to the Amazon Web Services Cloud (Links to an external site.). Then, assuming the project stakeholders, goals, and scope from the deployment of SharePoint 2010 remain the same for this conversion, develop a preliminary project plan for the new SharePoint conversion that addresses all of the following topics:
- Identify and describe the key stakeholders in this project.
- Create a project charter addressing the following:
- How is this project supposed to address the business needs?
- Who is the project manager?
- Who is the project sponsor?
- What human resources will be needed on the project team?
- What will the project cost?
- How long will the project likely take?
- What resources, technology, and equipment will be needed?
- Create a comprehensive scope for this project including
- The key business requirements that Amazon’s IT must meet to implement its SharePoint solution.
- The nonfunctional requirements that Amazon’s IT must meet to implement its SharePoint solution.
- Discuss the importance of change control and describe how it will be handled in this project.
- Select a project management process (e.g., PRINCE2, Agile, RUP, Six Sigma, etc.) for this endeavor and explain the advantages and disadvantages of your selection as it relates to this project.
- Create a project schedule that has at least 10 tasks with time estimates and include it in your assignment. You may use MS Project or another method to create the schedule.
- Based on the business needs you outlined in the project charter, explain how your preliminary project plan addresses at least two of those goals.
Apply at least three concepts from the reading, multimedia, and class discussions into your project plan. Consider the validity of your resources carefully before using them in academic papers. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible, or build from your learning in the discussion boards.
The Project Plan for Amazon
- Must be 2400-3000 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style