You are the director of the education department in a 40-bed, rural, critical access hospital. A simulation vendor has offered to give you a 5-year-old, used, high-fidelity manikin for staff development training purposes (cardiopulmonary resuscitation, advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, annual skills updates). His only request is that all supplies used with the manikin and the maintenance contract be purchased through his company. The chief nursing officer is very excited about the offer and has asked all the unit directors to consider how the manikin might be used for their staff training needs. The hospital currently does not have the funds available to purchase a new manikin.
1. Justify acceptance or rejection of the gift. What influenced your choice?
2. What are the fixed and variable costs?
3. What are the controllable and noncontrollable costs?
4. What factors determine whether this gift is cost-effective?
5. Who will have control over how and when the manikin is used?
Discussion Protocol. Please observe the following 3 x 3 rule: when writing your weekly discussions: – A minimum of three paragraphs per DQ. Each paragraph should have a minimum of three sentences.
All answers or discussions comments submitted must be in APA
format according to Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA)
Discussions must have a minimum of two references, not
older than 2016.