For optional extra credit, please write a letter to an elected official about a public health issue that you feel strongly about.
- These letters are relatively short and always straight to the point.
- The content of your letter should be at least 250 words.
- For the purposes of the assignment, it doesn’t matter who the official is, but they should be elected.
- It could be a town council member, a county supervisor, or a congressperson.
- It can be any public health issue, and your opinion is entirely up to you.
- This can be done by email, snail mail, or webform.
- Whatever the medium, you should make a PDF or a screenshot to show that you submitted it. This is what you will upload here.
- Do not attach the actual letter submitted.
The point is to get you involved in the political process and to advocate for what you believe in!