Prepare a 3-page, double-spaced book or film review as a Microsoft Word document using APA current 7th edition guidelines.
The paper must include a title page, an introduction, the body, summary and conclusion paragraph(s), and a reference page. The template provided for the Course Paper will assist you in ensuring that you are meeting APA paper guidelines. Your goal in this Media Report is to synthesize all your resources learned and demonstrate your knowledge by addressing, discussing, comparing, contrasting, interpreting, and distinguishing the subject matter in your review.
Media Review Assignment: One the following books or films can be used for the media review assignment or any other book or film that is relevant our course. If you are unsure about the relevance of the book or film you wish to use, check with your instructor first.
- Dana Thomas: Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster (very good overview of the luxury industry, well-researched)
- Chandler Burr: The Perfect Scent: A Year Inside the Perfume Industry in Paris and New York (outstanding book about the perfume industry and the marketing of perfume)
- David Silverstein: Trading Up: Why Consumers Want New Luxury Goods–and How Companies Create Them (for the more mainstream marketer, the concept of new luxury and a focus on the US market primarily)
- Joan DeJean: The Essence of Style: How the French Invented High Fashion, Fine Food, Chic Cafes, Style, Sophistication, and Glamour (more focused on old luxury and French culture)
- Ashok Som and Christian Blanckaert: The Road to Luxury: The Evolution, Markets and Strategies of Luxury Brand Management (overview of luxury brand management).FILMS
- House of Gucci (2021)•
- Coco Before Chanel (2009)
- Once and Forever (2015)•
- Saint Laurent
- Halston (2019)
- Dior and I (2014)
- House of Versace (2013)
Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky (2009)
The Return (2013)
Once Upon A Time (2013)
Coco Chanel (2008)
Yves Saint Laurent (2014) French
Please note this is an individual assignment. Your report (about 3 pages long double spaced) should comprise the following elements: 1. A short summary describing the thesis of the film orbook (no more than a paragraph) ○ What was the author /director attempting to achieve? ○ Whatis/are the primary message(s)? 2. Your learning agenda briefly described: ○ To understand and internalize the specific aspect of the luxury industry that forms the focus of the book. ○ To relatethe ideas presented in the book or film. 3. A detailed critique of the book or film○ What wasuseful about the book or film? ○ What insights did you acquire? ○ To what extent did the bookor film support your learning agenda (see #2). 4. Brief summary of the overall assignment.
In your media review, please: 1. provide citations for your sources. They must be credible sources; no encyclopedias, unauthoritative websites, news stories, etc. 2. identify resources for future learning (provide specific citations, not general genres).