ccording to experts, “teams are a means, not an end.” Compose your posting by considering the following questions:
- What do you think of this notion?
- Why do some companies create teams to accomplish work that could easily be done by individuals? How can this pitfall be avoided?
- Why do you think some people resist the idea of working in teams? How would you deal with their resistance?
- Finally, how effective are virtual teams in organizations.
Note: Teams are a means of getting things done, not an end result of a company’s strategy. Just having teams in a company will not lead to having teams with productive goals that will allow for an increase in team effectiveness.
Moreover, the concept of resistance to working in a team has contributed to most team failure projects in organizations and the management team need to develop steps to overcome this issue.
- At leat 2 academic or scholarly references Including ( Bateman, T. S., Snell, S., & Konopaske, R. (2021). Management: leading & collaborating in a competitive world. McGraw-Hill Education).