Analyze an organization’s value proposition.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
The marketing team at Chase Sports Apparel has been working on the value proposition for the company. You are the marketing manager and you want to explain to the new team the importance of listening to the voice of the consumers when writing the value proposition. You want to explain that a value proposition is not a bunch of fluff words thrown together, but rather it must be read and understood in minutes.
As the marketing manager, write a 2-page memo with section headers to the new marketing team on the importance of having a unique value proposition. And include in your memo a sample value proposition you create to answer the following:
- Discuss how the products that Chase Sports Apparel offers solve the consumer’s problem.
- What does Chase Sports Apparel do better than anyone else?
- What product or service are you selling?
- Who is your target market?
- How will your product or service enhance the customers’ lives?
- Why should they buy from you and not your competitors?
- Explain why the value proposition you have proposed is important for the company.
Note: The same value proposition should answer all the questions above.
- Grammarly is available to assist you with proofreading your work.
- Use the Writing Lab for timely feedback to help you fine-tune your deliverables before you submit them for grading.
- For support with writing memos, click on the Memo tab in the Business Writing Guide.
- If you wish to research similar companies within the industry, go to the Companies & Industries page within the School of Business Guide.
- To research consumers, demographics, and target market information, visit the Consumers & Demographics page within the School of Business Guide.