- Your Journal entries should include a brief (300-500 words) reflection on the week’s screening in relationship to the course readings. You will be able to read your fellow students’ journal entries once you have submitted your own. Journal entries will be graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. Your grade for the journal entries will be based on the number of satisfactory journals you submit. Satisfactory entries will demonstrate that you have screened the film and thought about it in relationship to the week’s reading and PowerPoint slides.
Some questions to think about for your journal entry (don’t try to answer them all!):
- What were your expectations before you watched the film? Did anything in the film or readings surprise you?
- Can you make any connections between this film and films or concepts you’ve encountered outside this class or from previous modules in this course?
- Did anything from this module inspire you as a filmmaker?
- Did anything from this film challenge you? What made it difficult or boring? How did you go about making sense of the film?