Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions. At least two Scholarly Peer- Reviewed Journals are required as references.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Use APA style with proper references.
- This Assignment comprise of a Case Study.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-1 students will able to understand the
- Defining the concepts, theories and approaches of project management. (L.O-1.1)
- Recognize the steps of planning process in the project management. (L.O-1.2)
- Analyze to work effectively and efficiently as a team member for project related cases. (L.O-3.1)
Assignment Question:(Marks 10)
Please read the Case-1.2 “The Hokies Lunch Group.”from Chapter 1 “Modern Project Management” given in your textbook – Project Management: The Managerial Process 8th edition by Larson and Gray page no: 24-27 also refer to specific concepts you have learned from the chapter to support your answers. Answer the following questions for Part-A, Part-B, Part-C of the case study.
- For each part (A,B,C) What phase of the project life cycle is each project in ? Expain (1 Mark each for A,B,C) Total (3Marks).
- What are the two important things you learned about working on projects from the case ? Why are they important ? Explain for each part (A,B,C) (2 Marks each for A,B,C) Total (6 Marks).
- Describe the characters of “The Hokies Lunch Group”? (1 Mark)