Please read the following steps in the process of a Capstone Project.
*** Important; this is an ongoing process. I just want you to follow the steps below.
My Project is to review, refine and update a current and exsisting EOP (Emergency Operation Plan) for the attached hospital.
“Steps In the Process
Let’s dissect the steps in developing a capstone process!
1) By course 6 you should have an idea of what you want to do in your project. Remember this is an applied project process – what will fill a need or a gap or is a way to improve on a process for an organization or agency? As soon as you have the concept and have thought about the methods you need to use to do this, submit the capstone planning tool to the faculty will review and provide suggestions.
2) Once your project topic is approved create your first draft.
Submit the first draft (This is the critical first document you will submit according to the schedule noted in the table above; during the time you are taking classes 6-8.) A minimum of 15-20 pages is expected to cover these areas:
– Title of the project
- A significant statement of the purpose of the project.
- Need for the project, including literature support. This includes the value of the project answering why such an effort is needed for/by what constituents. In addition, these pages comprise the first pages of the final product. This is a critical element in the entire process, for the project must have a demonstrable need to some constituency, the study of disaster medicine or management, and must be considered worthy of academic pursuit. Document your needs pages carefully by citing appropriate sources that will substantiate your rationale or otherwise illustrate why such a project should be undertaken. Do not necessarily look for literature that says “this topic needs more research”; rather, find sources that substantiate your perceptions of the topic’s relevance to the field.
- Literature review – This section provides the academic foundation for your work. Understand that this section will continue to grow over the time of project development but should be significant. It is usually a large number of pages.
- Methods to be used –Describe the methods that you will use in completing the project. Make certain that your methods statement is both clear and sequential. This narrative will be duplicated within the project itself. IF IRB is required, make sure you have completed the CITI course and review the new forms. (IRB doesn’t apply to my Capstone)
- Arrange telephone consulting as needed in this process. This is the time to identify any issues in project development and direction.
4) Faculty will provide feedback on this draft. This forms the basis for your project so let’s see your abilities here!
5) Upon Acceptance – register for the capstone course in the next or designated term.
6) During the actual term you will complete the project while participating in the blackboard course site. A presentation to the faculty and students will be conducted via Adobe. The faculty will determine if the project is complete and final or needs some revisions.
*APA 7th edition
*Additional materials and guidance will be provided