Please watch this video: Six days in June – YouTube
4 page paper double spaced, using quotes from the video in the paper
Answer these questions:
1. Identify each of the following individuals and his role in the course of the Six Day War. What was his official role? What motivated him to act as he did?
Gamal Abdel Nasser, Field Marshal Amar, Levi Eshkol, Moshe Dayan.
2. What role did the Soviet Union play in the conflict?
3. What is the role of the United Nations and its leader U Thant?
4. Identify the different circumstances which made Israel go to war?
(military, psychological, economic)
5. What does “pre-emptive strike” mean? What circumstances made Israel launch a “pre-emptive strike”? What would have happened if Israel had waited until the Egyptian army entered its territory?
6. At the end of the war, Israel was three times its pre-war size. How did that happen? What territories did it capture from each of the following countries? Egypt, Jordan, Syria. I will post a map on canvas where you can see this. Be able to identify all the relevant areas.
7. Who controlled the Old City of Jerusalem before the war? After? What happened after the war, especially regarding the Temple Mount where the Muslim Dome of the Rock is? Does Israel return it to Jordanian authorities?
8. What else strikes you as you watch this documentary? About the Arab states? Israel? War? Leadership?