Class,Remember that you need to make at least 3 posts in Week 1 and at least 3 posts in Week 2 for each unit. The minimum amount of posts is 6. Suggested amount of posts: more than 6 posts.Also, your initial post must be made by Friday in Week 1 for each unit. You will be deducted 10 points if your initial post is made after Friday in Week 1 for each unit.
Discussion Boards (DB) are a key component of online learning. They foster active participation of learners and dialog with fellow learners and instructors. Graduate-level courses require learners to create original posts to course DBs and to engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the course. Original posts and responses should be substantive, and if references are made to the works of others, APA guidelines for in-text citations and references apply.
Minimum Weekly DB Expectations
- Post an original and thoughtful Main Post to the DB prompt.
- Respond to at least 2 other posts from learners and/or the instructor (Response Posts).
- The first contribution (Main Post or Response Post) must be posted before midnight (Central time) on Friday of each week.
- Two additional responses are required after Friday of each week.
- For DB assignment prompts with a Part One and Part Two, Part One should be addressed in the first week of the unit with a Main Post and minimum of 2 Response Posts, and Part Two should be addressed in the second week of the unit with a Main Post and a minimum of 2 Response Posts.
More on DBs
At the end of each unit, DB participation is assessed based on level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion. DBs allow learners to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB are accepted after the end of the unit. Learners must demonstrate an appropriate depth of understanding of course content to receive credit for having submitted substantive posts. Typically, this is achieved with 3–4 strong paragraphs for Main Posts and 2–3 strong paragraphs for Response Posts.
Clotheshound is a local clothing store in New England. Clotheshound has been experiencing increased competition from the national clothing chains. In an effort to improve performance, management intends to create a Balanced Scorecard. In a meeting, several measures were suggested by various managers.
Management has identified a key problem. Customers are taking too long to pay their department store’s charge card bills, and the company has an abnormal amount of bad debts. If this problem were solved, the company would have far more cash to invest in store improvements. Investigation has revealed that much of the problem with late payments and unpaid bills is apparently due to disputes about incorrect charges on the customer bills. Incorrect charges usually occur because sales clerks enter data incorrectly on the charge account slip.
- Assume that the company adopts the Balanced Scorecard. After operating for a year, there are -improvements in some performance measures but not in others. What should management do next?
- How does the Balanced Scorecard communicate strategy to the organization? How is strategy translated into performance measures?
- Why does the Balanced Scorecard differ from company to company? Whose responsibility is the implementation?
- Based on your understanding of the application of the Balanced Scorecard, discuss how an organization successfully create and use a BSC.