Week 1 Discussion
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Support your work, using your course lectures and textbook readings. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Discussion Question 1
Post a detailed description of your experience of working with a nurse leader. Include the following aspects in your description.
- Of the leadership theories discussed this week, which one did this nurse leader subscribe to? Why?
- How has your experience been with the nurse leader? Provide a description of your interactions with him or her?
Discussion Question 2
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, choose and research about a professional nursing organization. Based on your understanding of the organization, answer the following questions:
- What are the benefits of membership of your selected nursing organization?
- What opportunities are available to serve within this organization?
- How does one go about obtaining a position of service within this organization?
- With what political issues is this organization involved?
- How does this organization go about working within the political system?